Monday, November 9, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!!


Here is the update for Dylan's weekly home Mom" project. I was asked to make 40 of these Santas. I don't know what they are for but this was such a great family project. This consisted of 5 evenings of cutting felt, faces, and triangles. Then, gluing the pink felt to the white - adding eyes and nose. The next night we sewed two buttons to each of the front of the Santas. The next night we tacked the white strip of felt to the bottom and added the black belt with a gold hand made buckle (wire and lots of needle-nosed plier time) tonight the final touches of stuffing with batting, sewing the closing and glueing the white puff ball for the hat. It's so funny that I have no idea what these are used for and I'm truly praying for each of them as I'm making them. I think they are given to the kids of Dylan's class and want to send home a prayer of blessing to each one of them as they are made. Cece actually started to name them and was quite upset with Dylan that he couldn't remember all of their names. Thank you, Jesus for my little detail oriented child and thank you for the one you sent me that doesn't seem to care. I love the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment