Monday, November 9, 2009

What's pretend??

There are times that I think of myself as "make believe". There are not too many other women like me and I'm not sure why but I'd love to get to know them and form a support group or something. I am now 42. I have children that are 24-23-5-3. Who does that to themselves? I do not have a "significant other" and have decided that either I'm too busy or it's just not in God's plan. I love to serve at the church as often as possible, typically now, about 10 hours a week and attend a full-time status at BSU, with 20 credits. I'm a part-time foster mom that only will take kids if it's listed as a crisis. I workout at the gym about 6 hrs a week and also volunteer at my lil' sons school as the home art mom, typically about 10 hrs a week. My house is immaculate, my car gets vacuumed every Thursday and I love to do laundry. Also, for the season, I am the assistant to the director for the children's Christmas choir and am looking forward to it. Typically, I am the cooridinator of the "angel tree" project but unfortunately, because of my failures last year, I think I will decline to help, if asked.

When I look at my list of things to do, I just think of it as "living" and "dreaming", hopefully to God's will... but then look at my babies at dress-up time, they are just living and dreaming the costume they are in. I don't think of my life as a costume, except that when it finally comes off, I'll be in the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment