Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brain Overload

One of my most favorite things to do, when I'm not sewing or making crafts for Dylan's class, is to work at the church. I don't actually even like to call it "work" but better to serve. This used to be something I did on almost a full-time basis but since I decided to make school a priority and I'm taking 20 credits, well... unfortunately, the church is just a special gift that I give to myself.

Today, I hired a babysitter and rather than cleaning my house, which is a huge list... or studying, I chose to go to the church to do some cleaning and organizing. My lil' office has been so neglected so I was able to get things more in order. After putting away a few things from the last couple of Sundays, and catching up on the latest messages, I was able to put some work into our large-group classroom.
For the months of October and November, we are doing the creation story. I made a display of what God created each day during the week and then put it up on the wall. Next, I made really large "tissue flowers", but since I made them out of different colors of blue, I think they look like clouds. I hung several from the ceiling.

I actually organized the curriculum for each of the preschool classrooms so they will all have activities and be prepared for a story on Sunday morning.

I love my church and how they have just brought me in and LOVE me, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment